St. Francis Retreat House
If you started this New Year with a resolution to enrich your spiritual growth St. Francis Retreat House in Easton, Pennsylvania provides an environment of Franciscan hospitality and compassionate care. You are most welcome to come here even for just a few hours, to take in the beauty of our grounds or to spend time in one of our chapels. Surrounded by God’s presence, you can also find joy and purpose in your own life. St. Francis Retreat House is administered by helpful staff and friendly Friars who will be happy to assist. It offers an affordable oasis for those seeking spiritual nourishment and renewal through a wide range of retreats for both large and small groups.
The 2017 retreats include:
- June 23-25, 2017: "A Twelve Step Retreat" led by Laura Long
- July 16-21, 2017: "Icon Writing Retreat" with Judy Cole
- Oct. 6-8, 2017: "Living Simply—In the Spirit of St. Francis" with Fr. Dennet Jung, OFM, and fellow friars
The weekly programs include:
Monday Evening Mini Retreats—begin with a meal at 6 p.m., followed by prayer and a presentation
- Jan. 20, 2017: "Let’s Make It Simple: Plain Talk about God and Us"
- Feb. 20, 2017: "What Are We Looking for? Filling the Emptiness"
- March 13, 2017: "Naming and Claiming our Anger"
- April 10, 2017: "Where Is Our Humor? Have We Lost It?
First Friday Retreat Days begin at 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m
- Other regularly scheduled events include:
- Monday Morning Scripture Classes with Fr. Dennet Jung, OFM, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday Morning Spiritual Book Study, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., directed by Pat and Rich Kane.
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Grief, Bereavement Support Group, directed by Karen Reesman, PhD, RN
- Thursday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 is Prayer of the Heart—Contemplative Prayer led by Br. Mark Ligett, OFM, and Betty Power, CPM.
- 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Job Hunting in Economically Stressed Times